Tai’an City in Shandong Province, China
Tai'an Municipal People's Government of Shandong, China
- Date of Establishment: April 23, 1997
- Location of Sisterhood Establishment: Taean-gun Office
- Taean-gun: Aug. 14, 1995 (Approval authority: Ministry of Home Affairs)
- Tai’an City: Nov. 20, 1996 (Approval authority: Chinese People's Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries)
- Area: 7,692㎢
- Population: 5.3 million
- With the inauguration of the local autonomous government elected by popular vote in 1995, the administration began reviewing the establishment of sisterhood relationships with overseas cities for individualization, decentralization and diversification of the region.
- With the globalization trend in the 21st century sparked by the groundbreaking advancements of transportation, information and communications technologies, Taean-gun sought to form international sisterhood ties to promote global competency and mindset.